Gallifrey. Planet of the Time Lords. The Doctor has finally come home, but not by choice.
Summoned by a vision from The Matrix, he is drawn into web of political intrigue and assassination. Nothing is quite what it seems, and in the shadows lurks his oldest and deadliest enemy...
• Commentary with actors Tom Baker and Bernard Horsfall, producer Philip Hinchcliffe.
• The Matrix Revisited (dur. 29' 16") - cast, crew and critics look back at the making of the story in this documentary from Paul Vanezis. With actors Tom Baker, Bernard Horsfall, producer Philip Hinchcliffe, director David Maloney, designer Roger Murray-Leach, founding president of the Doctor Who Appreciation Society Jan Vincent-Rudzki, and the founder of the National Viewers' and Listeners' Association, Mary Whitehouse. Narrated by Sara Griffiths.
• The Gallifreyan Candidate (dur. 10' 30") - this featurette from Dene Films looks at Richard Condon's novel 'The Manchurian Candidate', adapted in 1962 into a film thriller starring Frank Sinatra, which is often cited as being a major influence on the plot of 'The Deadly Assassin'. With Newcastle University's Stacy Gillis and Oxford University's Andrew Shail.
• The Frighten Factor (dur. 16' 36") - what exactly is Doctor Who's 'Frighten Factor'? A diverse panel of experts try to answer the question for featurette producer Brendan Sheppard. With producer Barry Letts, script editor Terrance Dicks, education psychologist Lucy Lewis, church minister Peter Cavanna, Doctor Who Magazine's editor Tom Spilsbury and assistant editor Peter Ware, Doctor Who Adventures magazine editor Moray Laing and head writer Annabel Gibson, writer John Dorney, television archivist Jim Sangster and Doctor Who expert Alex Lydiate. Narrated by Simon Ockendon.
• Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format for viewing on PC or Mac.
• Program Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Gallery.